LIBRARY MISSION STATEMENT
The Red Bank Public Library provides materials, information, technology and cultural opportunities to enrich, empower, educate and entertain people of all ages and backgrounds.
LIBRARY VISION STATEMENT
The Red Bank Public Library is a vibrant institution that enriches life in the community by providing books and other materials for recreation and self education, free access to technology, and cultural and informational programs that enable people to come together, share ideas and information and pursue lifelong learning.
The Library Board of Trustees and staff will work together to:
- Deliver library services for all ages in a welcoming, convenient, and responsive manner.
- Promote and encourage a lifelong love of reading and learning, particularly in our young people.
- Provide circulating collections of current high-demand, high-interest materials in a variety of formats.
- Develop collections representing a broad spectrum of knowledge on a variety of subjects and in a variety of formats with a focus on the needs of the community for current, accessible and relevant information.
- Offer reference services providing timely and accurate information from authoritative sources.
- Preserve, and make available, the unique history of the community of Red Bank.
- Maintain an attractive, clean, environmentally sustainable and comfortable facility, recognizing its unique scenic and historical aspects.
- Provide free access to information technology for members of our community.
- Partner with community organizations, educational institutions and the business community to reach out to every member of the community regardless of age, race, educational achievement or native language.
- Celebrate the diversity of our community and promote understanding.
LIBRARY VALUES STATEMENT
The Trustees, Staff and volunteers of the Red Bank Public Library recognize the following shared values:
We recognize that people are important, celebrate their diversity, and treat our patrons, co-workers and volunteers with dignity and respect.
We will protect each customer’s right to privacy with respect to information sought and materials consulted or borrowed.
We will respond to our customers in a timely and accurate manner.
We will resist censorship.
We will act in a professional manner, always mindful of the impression we make on our patrons and co-workers.
We will act with integrity, honesty and fairness.
We will encourage staff innovation and creativity, recognize team work and superior performance and support continuing education.
We will educate and inform our community of the services, roles and responsibilities of the library.
We will conduct our business affairs economically, accurately and with integrity.
We will be aware of changing trends in library services and technology and in our community, and be willing to experiment and adopt change as necessary to meet the evolving needs of our community.
Adopted by the Red Bank Public Library Board of Trustees July 22, 2010