The Red Bank Public Library is a vibrant institution that enriches life in the community by providing books and other materials for recreation and self education, free access to technology, and cultural and informational programs that enable people to come together, share ideas and information and pursue lifelong learning.
- Deliver library services for all ages in a welcoming, convenient, and responsive manner.
- Promote and encourage a lifelong love of reading and learning, particularly in our young people.
- Provide circulating collections of current high-demand, high-interest materials in a variety of formats.
- Develop collections representing a broad spectrum of knowledge on a variety of subjects and in a variety of formats with a focus on the needs of the community for current, accessible and relevant information.
- Offer reference services providing timely and accurate information from authoritative sources.
- Preserve, and make available, the unique history of the community of Red Bank.
- Maintain an attractive, clean, environmentally sustainable and comfortable facility, recognizing its unique scenic and historical aspects.
- Provide free access to information technology for members of our community.
- Partner with community organizations, educational institutions and the business community to reach out to every member of the community regardless of age, race, educational achievement or native language.
- Celebrate the diversity of our community and promote understanding.
LIBRARY VALUES STATEMENT